Thursday, April 14, 2005

Cranky Pants

Today started with a trip to LAX to see Aunt Beck off to NYC. With traffic this could potentially be a big long trip for our little guy but I figured it would be good practice for our trip this weekend to visit Grandma and Grandpa O'Neill. Getting out there was a breeze - only took us about 30 minutes which is pretty amazing for 8:15 in the morning. However, there must have been some kind of accident (surprise) because the freeway was backed up all the way from the airport. (For those readers not in LA, it usually gets bad about half way home - not RIGHT away from the airport). So, I opted to take surface streets. Fin was conked out in the back until I had to stop for gas at which point he woke up fussing and squirming. Really it was the kind of thing that could have been solved with a pacifier BUT, he loses his grip on this miracle piece of plastic and rubber and I can't keep putting it in while driving. Too bad I'm not Elastigirl. We took Venice which was moving pretty well and he'd quiet down for a bit but at every light he'd start wailing again. I tried to explain that nobody likes crosstown traffic and imagine poor Daddy doing this every day! So darn hard to rationalize with an 11 week old. About 5 minutes from home he gave up and conked out though so I guess if you drive long enough he runs out of steam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home