First Solid Food
Well the day finally came that Fin's been wishing for for quite sometime. The last month or so he has been staring at us as we eat watching the untensil go to the plate and then to our mouths. He's also taken to reaching out to touch your glass when you are drinking too. We decided that the time had come as an attempt to get him to sleep though the night (yeah, I know I said he was sleeping through the night a few weeks ago but that was a fluke and he's gotten worse since his teeth came in). Anyway, we made him a tablespoon full of delicious rice cereal with breast milk and boy was he happy. I held him in my lap while Byron fed him and he took to it right away. Once we got the first taste in he would see the spoon coming and open his little mouth right away. This of course opens up a whole new world of parenting for us. Our bedside tables are now a stack of The Baby Book by Dr. Sears, The No-Cry Sleep Solution and The Baby Cookbook. Just riveting summer reading. I guess we'll do the cereal for a few days and start to branch out. Wish us, our clothing and the floor luck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home