"The Protector"
I was laying in bed, in the dark, with Finley tonight after reading stories, and he began hitting himself on the head with his little fist. I asked what this was about and he replied that this is how he gets rid of bad dreams. He described a dream that was hard to follow but it involved triangles getting broken apart by a couple of bad circles - possibly in a fish bowl. After 4 or 5 taps he said, "There, that one fell down into the collector box of bad computers in my head. After a bad one goes down a new one comes in. See I can't even remember what those guys were doing anymore." He described how the collection boxes can hold exactly 5 bad dreams before needing to be emptied. A few moments later he said, "I just had a good dream and I'll share it with you now." It was great and involved himself and May dressing me in a variety of costumes that resembled different family members. He then said, "I'm definitely putting THAT one in my protector. I have LOTS and LOTS of dreams in there."
Man, I love that kid.
–Byron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home