Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Possibly a smile?

I'm not sure - could be just a mother's wistful imagination. Here are the facts though - he had a full tummy, had been burped, just gotten up from a nap and had a clean diaper. He seemed pretty chipper so I thought I'd try to put him in the swing while I attempted some dishes and kitchen clean up. Our little subject spent a good 10 min staring at the mobile with laser beam focus and the corners of his mouth turned up. To me that all adds up to a smile he generated on his own and not an involuntary muscle thing. Keep them coming Fin! Mommy needs the encouragement that she's doing a good job.

I also had the idea that I was going to try to put him on a nap schedule. Ha! Foolish woman. My plan is to try to put him down for naps around 11AM and 3PM. I got these times based on when he seems to get fussy and needy. Well, today he napped from about 12-2 - smack in the middle of my target nap times! He's still working on the Chaos theory of life it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home