First Fall
Well, I guess it's good to get this one out of the way early. This is way more traumatizing for me of course.
This is how it all went down (so to speak) - I was packing for my impromptu trip to the River and had set Fin down on my bed while I gathered things. I had turned around and not 10 seconds later I heard that sickening thud that deep in my heart one day I knew would come but secretly hoped to avoid. There was my little man on the floor looking quite surprised and quickly VERY upset. At first I thought he was damage free but he must have hit the nightstand with the back of his head on the way down because there was a pretty big scratch - only about 1/2" had broken the skin though. STILL! More than I would like. Anyway, after a few minutes of awful inconsolable crying (the kind he gets after his shots) he settled down and was back to his usual self - chatting up a storm and wiggling around on the floor. It took me much longer - I was shaking and weepy for a good 45 minutes. The nurse I talked to at the Pediatrician's office was very nice and said that it happens to most moms and it's just the beginning of the tumbles. Great. Hopefully my recovery time will improve!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home