Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The first glimpse of self propelled motion

A really big day today as our little man rolled over for the first time by himself! I could not believe my eyes. Over the last few days he's been going from his back to his side and is quite content to lay on his side and gnaw on his fist. But today he some how got enough momentum to land himself on his tummy. I wasn't sure how he was going to play this new position as his little arm was pinned under his body. But, after thinking about it for a few minutes and squirming about, he managed to get his arm out from underneath himself. Boy, you should have seen the big self-satisfied grin on his face! After a few minutes of tummy time though he remembered that he doesn't really like tummy time and started to complain about it. I rolled him onto his back and that cheered him up considerably.

The baby manual says that as a developmental milestone it really depends on the baby's temperament. Active little guys start this around 4 months while more mellow babies won't start it until 5 or 6. I guess he's active! And unusual because most babies go from tummy to back first not back to tummy! Prodigy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home