Thursday, March 24, 2005

2 Month checkup

Today we saw Dr. Henry who once again pronounced Fin "beautiful". Our little one has grown since his 2 week visit so it's not just our imagination that he's not fitting into the bassinet and our arms are more sore. He's now 12lbs, 14oz (up from 8lbs, 7 oz) and 23" (up from 21"). That puts him in the 70th percentile for weight and the 35th percentile for height. I was a little worried that he is too short (am I not eating enough calcium and protein or something?) but Doc says that a differential in percentiles like that is totally normal. Behavior wise, he's right on track too - his smiles, laughs and coos are appearing right on schedule.

This was also his first round of immunizations. Byron and I were terrified. When the nurse came in I had to sit down as I started to feel a little lightheaded and was worried I'd be the one needing attention! My paranoia of needles has only slightly diminished after going through pregnancy. Fin took the whole procedure very differently than I expected though. He cried only a little after every shot. After the 3rd and last shot, I picked him up and he quieted right down and fell sound asleep. Of course, the Dr. hadn't mentioned this scenario as he listed the reactions and we were convinced he was THE child who has the one in a million chance of getting lethargic due to extremely low blood pressure. So we alterted the nurses who sent our very patient pediatrician in to assure us that his heartrate is normal and that this reaction is also common. He's been pretty much sleeping the rest of the day which has been great for me as I got a 2 hour nap too! (hopefully Byron isn't reading this)

On another note, I think his eyes may be changing - they seem lighter and more hazel around the pupils.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home